May 3, 2011

I need the Courage to Let GO!

This is a painting that’s currently in progress and on which I have reached an impasse. My idea was that it would be loose and flowing and have all sort of texture and layers and once I painted in the faces I balked at working over them, not that they are that spectacular faces – though I do think they are nice faces.
sharpie sketch on gesso

first washes of color

flesh color added
shading and some details added

more face details
There is something about once something has a face or eyes, it’s a done sort of thing for me, but I KNOW this is far from done and I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and just continue on…regardless…even though it means painting over the faces…I can do it, because this isn’t what I envisioned!

No comments:

Post a Comment