January 25, 2011

WIP - cloth and paperclay figure

Here is my spin on the 'Cloth and Clay Dolls' tutorials. She is a weighted sitting doll. This is an early photo, she now has painted hair and a face. This picture is also pre-torso-ectomy. I really thought her body too long, so whacked her in half and restitched her - she has wonderful 'Frankenstein' stitches above her waist line now! (I'll do a 'side by side' photo comparison when I upload the new pics). I paper-clayed the ends of her toes too, to be more shoe shaped.
I've tried to combine paper-clay and cloth in the past, but this time it's working much better. I made the under figure all cloth - even the pony tails. The fabric is gessoed, and when dry, a covering of paper-clay is added over the face, hair and upper torso.  I'm not sure how I will dress her yet, but I'm thinking something funky.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool!
    I've been wanting to try something like this as well (clay over cloth). Thank you for showing your process! More pics please? lol!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand the SUSPENSE!!!!
    I wanna see her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, suspense is good for the soul! I will try very hard to get the pics up by this Friday.

    ReplyDelete